no jumping

no jumping

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Columbus Day - Saved by the Bell


Usually at this time of day I have a good amount of anxiety building in my chest. Sunday nights go by so quickly and Mondays are the start to a long week.

Don't get me wrong...It's not that I don't enjoy what I'm doing, it's just that I don't really enjoy what I'm doing...yet. Is it wrong for me to admit that? I feel OK about it. I don't think it means I made the wrong choice, it just means I haven't come into my own quite yet. I would be stressed if I thought I was never going to get there. I'm sure I will, I just don't know when.

But tonight is different. Tonight I don't have the same images flashing through my head of the kid-filled hallways and yelling teachers. Tonight I'm not quite scrolling through a never ending checklist in my mind of all the things I need to do the next day. Tomorrow is Columbus Day and that means it's a teacher In-service day and that means I don't have to deal with any kids. (Yay.)

Let me explain what teacher in-service means. It's basically a day where we attend classes all day to teach us how to teach, provide new techniques and so on. And so what's even better about tomorrow, is that unfortunately enough, the teacher who was going to conduct the particular in-service training session I was supposed to attend is in the hospital and won't be able to facilitate. So each English team is meeting on their campus to plan together for the up-coming six weeks instead. Which really just means, we have a "work day". That means I'll have the entire school to myself to plan, grade papers, make copies, roller blade up and down the hallway...whatever. It means no kiddos!


I'm really grateful that Columbus decided to discover, what he thought was America, tomorrow. Thanks Chris. I need the break.



2 comments:

  1. first. comment. evaaa.

    not sure why i thought this was going to be about mark paul gosselaar, but i'm glad it wasn't. i'm sure it'll become easier for you and that you'll learn to welcome mondays.

    well, maybe not 'the dreaded monday,' but at least getting to the educate the little ones. and you'll gain more and more confidence, and the kids won't be able to smell any fear so they won't mess with you. kids are brutal little carnivores sometimes. totally out for blood.

    anyhoo, glad to hear that you get a free day. enjoy it.

    lisa lisa bo bisa

    ReplyDelete